ABOUT THIS POLICY
The Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) (“the Act”) governs the ways in which private sector
organisations use, collect and disclose personal information.
follow in the management of the personal information of individuals. The policy will be provided on
request to anybody who asks for a copy and the policy will be posted on Aflo’s website.
Aflo is committed to protecting the privacy of individual’s personal information. Aflo adheres to the ten
National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) in respect of any personal information collected from an individual
prior to 12 March 2014 and adheres to the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) in respect of
any personal information collected from an individual on or after 12 March 2014. Aflo will only collect,
Aflo will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information
collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the
circumstances. However, Aflo usually collects personal information for the purpose of distributing
lubrication and fuelling equipment.
As required by NPP 1, and from 12 March 2014 onwards APP 1 and APP 5, Aflo discloses the
• The identity of the company is Aflo Equipment Pty Ltd (ACN 165 511 320) and it can be
402 Dowling Street
Wendouree VIC 3355
Telephone: (03) 9369 2020
• The personal information is collected for the purpose of Aflo’s operations which includes
distribution of lubrication and fuelling equipment and for the purpose of obtaining a credit report
in respect of the individual.
• The individual is entitled to access to the personal information collected and to seek correction
of such personal information in accordance with NPP6, and from 12 March 2014 onwards APP
12 and APP 13.
• The personal information will not be disclosed to any third party except with the individual’s
consent or as required by law, e.g. to law enforcement agencies or to service providers retained
in the course of Aflo’s operations.
• The consequences if the personal information is not disclosed is that the individual may not be
eligible to purchase any equipment or products distributed or sold by Aflo.
• Aflo is not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
• The individual may complain about a breach of the NPPs or, from 12 March 2014 onwards the
APPs, by contacting Aflo’s Privacy Officer who will deal with the complaint in accordance with
If you have any queries or concerns about Aflo’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information,
contact Aflo’s Privacy Officer on (03) 9369 2020.